My mind has been reflecting a great deal lately on my good heritage. I come from such incredible line of pioneer stock on every side. I feel proud of and grateful for the legacy they have left me. It strengthens me daily. It seems appropriate that in my attempts to catch up my little family record, it is time to record the Whiting Family Reunion from this last summer.
(This is only about half of this amazingly large family!)
We met at this happy place with a Mapleton Mountain backdrop.
After some precious songs about family and a flag ceremony, Uncle Paul shared some neat missionary experiences from his family's time in D.C. working at the Pentagon. Then we gathered at the cemetery.
Meeting here gave us a neat opportunity to take a moment to remember those in the family cheering for us on the other side of the veil. I miss my Uncle Mark. I can hear his voice in my mind. He would have said, "Lyd-Snort! How ya doin'?!" and he would have listened attentively while I up-dated him on the comings and goings of my life. He left a void to be filled with good memories and and his faithful example.
We also visited the graves of Mark and Judy's children that passed away as babies. Christopher would have been my age, and I look forward to meeting him. I think we will be good friends. I miss my Grandpa Juan-- I miss little things like hearing him hum and whistle old jazz tunes or just walking past his room and seeing him stretching on the bed, pouring over a crossword puzzle. I never met my Uncle David, who passed away at age 19, but I am excited to meet him too, because I have heard he was very kind and slow to judge.
How much sweeter our reunion will be on the other side someday.

No comments:
Post a Comment